For the purpose of developing Korean Herbalogy with the plants of Caryophllcceae which grow wild and is planted in Korea, the these and writings on herbalogy, from literature of successive generation, have been thoroughly investigative and the results obtained were as follows:
1. There were totaled to 20 genera and 124 species in Korea and among them midical plants are 11 genera, 30 species, some 24% in total.
2. According to the oriental names which can be used for medical purpose, the medical plantss belonging to the Caryphllaceae family were classified as Herba 11, Radix 7, Foilum 2, Semen, Flos, Rhizoma 1 each.
3. According to sum of 124 species in Caryophllaceae family, they were classified into Cerastium genera 18, Dianthus gemera 16, Pseudos tellaria genera, Lychnis genera, Stellaria genera 12 each, Melandry um genera 11, Silene genera 10, Minuaria genera 8, Gypsophila genera, Sagina genera 5 each, Arenaria genera, Cucubalus genera 3 each, Spergual genera, Vaccaria genera 2 each, Agorostema genera, Amnodenia genara, Moehringia genera, Myosoton genera, Honkenya genera 1 each.
Thus it was noticed that Cerastium genera was main kind.
4. According to the number of species of the orgin plants about each chinese materia medicals, they were classified into HERBA DIANTHI 4, RADIX PSEUDOSTELLARIAE 3, SEMEN VACCARIAE 5, RADIX GYPSOPHILAE 4.
5. According to the properties and principal curative action, they were classfied into drugs for treating febrifugal and removing heat from blood, Diuretocs 6 each, Drugs for treating febrifugal and detoxicant 2, Drugs for invigorating blood, circuration and eliminating blood stasis 3, tonics 1, easing joint movement 1, stimulation of lactation 44.
6. According to nature and flavour of medical plants, they were classified into warmth, heat; each 3, cold, cool; 11 each, balance 3 and unidentifird 2.
Thus it was noticed that cold and cool is the main in nature and flavour of medical plants.
7. Toxic drugs were none.
From this results,
It was revealed that the plants for medical purpose in Caryophllaceae was 24% of the whole, in which Herba was mostly abundunt.
It is considered that may expriements and clinical approches must be continued to use Caryophllaceae plants widely.