|1945 ~ 1946
||National Library opened in 1945, and offered a librarian training program for the first time in Korea in 1946.
|1967 ~ 1986
||Offered a certified training program for librarians (total 3,544 trainees, 65 times)
||Offered an On-The-Job Training to librarian government officials as a branch office of the Central Education Training Institute.
||The Ministry of Government Administration approved the operation of education programs for librarian government officials.
||A new regulation on “Training for Librarians and Other Library Staff” was enacted by the Library & Reading Promotion Act.
||Librarian Training Department was installed.
||Designated as an expert training center according to the Government Officials Training Act by the Ministry of Government Affairs and Home Affairs
||Reorganized as the Librarian Capability Development Department
||Reorganized as the Librarian Training & Culture Division
Goals of Education and Training
- To develop librarians’ core competencies to be leaders of a knowledge-based society
- To develop and conduct librarian training programs to improve library services
- To develop librarian’s professional competencies to lead the digital age.
- Main Auditorium (100 seats)
- Small Auditorium (50 seats)
- Discussion Rooms (6 rooms, 60 seats)
- Computer Education Rooms (2 rooms, 94 seats)
- Seminar Room (40 seats)
- Librarians’ Study Rooms (6 rooms, each for 2 people)
Facility/equipment: TV, A/C, refrigerator, shower booth, closet
- Others: infirmary, lounge, powder room